Friday, December 5, 2008

Sparkly Pinecone Garland {project 4}

Sparkly Pinecone Garland {project 4}
This is something I came up with last winter while gathering up pinecones on a walk to add a little cheer to my windows. It reminds me of that sweet trim made of pom-poms spaced evenly on wire…but this is more of a cross between woodsy & whimsy. When the wind blows they create a soft rattle against the window that I came to find very cozy and soothing last winter. And on a long, cold winter afternoon, the sun glistens off the pinecones, enhancing the glittery effect and adding some much needed sparkly light during this darker time of the year.
.....
{gather}
~pinecones
~fishing line, ribbon, or twine
(I like the durability of fishing line for outside use & the invisibility of it.)
~glitter
~glitter glue/craft glue
~scissors

{make}
Tie the pinecones onto the fishing line, near the top, spacing them evenly apart…about 5 inches or so. Then, working with one pinecone at a time, glue and shake on glitter to coat, shaking off any excess. Let dry thoroughly before hanging. Enjoy the sparkle!

.....

This is my last little craft project of the week and I assure you it's the easiest one of them all (if you can't already tell that from the instructions and if you don't mind being covered in glitter). And truthfully it had to be because I’m running out of steam…posting once a day, especially at this time of the year, is proving to be a bit challenging for me, although I do love it and regard this as another creative outlet! But the house is in disarray, there are homemade gifts to make, cards to send, baking to do, a tree to decorate (we just got ours today!)…and we have guests coming tomorrow evening. Yikes! It’s safe to say I’m a bit stressed right now…so I apologize if this last "project" is anything but inventive and more so conventional. I had intended to share a few other projects, but I’ll save those for another time. I hope you’ve enjoyed my week of Christmas projects…do let me know if you give any of them a try…I’d love to hear how it goes. Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

nelya said...

I love this! It looks like something not-so-crafty me could do and it's seasonal without being overly holiday. Lovely!

LBB said...

Thanks! Yeah, since its not too holiday-ish, I leave it up all winter long. And its definitely something you could do...I'm certain! :)