Then, later this evening, perhaps feeling a bit "cabin fever-y", Hub and I decided to venture out to see what the day had brought us in terms of white matter. Under the darkness of evening, we trekked through our woods, across parts of our property that had yet to be explored by us. While I was a bit reticent, Hub pushed onward and I declared that I must hold onto his gloved hand as I fretted about stepping upon some hibernating family of creatures. The white, snow-covered land, trees adorned with Christmas lights, and occasional truck passing by, provided just enough light for us to find our way. We ended our outdoor adventures by grabbing an old snowboard and riding it down a hilly slope in our yard, landing in precarious positions all the while getting snow up my back and in my sleeves, reminding me of the "kids" we really still are.
{above, our snow-covered deck railing at night}
3 comments:
Those are some pretty "cool" photos, and I DO mean cool!!!! I almost think that you should have a camera that can get good close-up shots from a distance. You seem to have so many great opportunities with all of the wildlife around you! But the one of the deer is really good, nonetheless!
Foofie thought the lights on your railing was a caterpillar or a worm :) It's a neat picture though.
Beautifully written post. What an amazing winter wonderland, and right outside your window. We never get snow like that where I live, it looks absolutely magical!
Post a Comment