Two of our favorite things, small simple treasures, we love to bring out each Christmas season, both involve smoke & candles: our tiny tin smoker house and our candle pyramid…both made in Germany…both deemed photo-shoot worthy. :)
The smoker house is made of metal and oh so tiny and sweet. The burning of one little incense cone doesn’t last very long, but the subtle, lingering smoky scent reminds me of all things woodsy, cozy, and Christmas-y.
Although I’m fascinated by the intricate details and moving parts that make up our candle pyramid, its depiction of the manger scene and placement at the center of our table is our ever-present, very central reminder of the purpose behind this season for us.My in-laws have a very elaborate pyramid with 3 or 4 tiers of hand-carved wooden Wintry, Christmas scenes. I love to "ooh and aah" over theirs, but I’m also quite smitten with our little version too!
.....
While there are so many things that I feel need to be done at this time of year, I find myself wanting to slow down and enjoy the simple things too…like photographing some holiday treasures and fiddling on the computer! And wanting to take in & enjoy the goodness and fullness of life at this time too...the decorations, the gatherings, even the friendly (and now-familiar) mailman's face as he is frequently bringing packages to the door (since both Hub & I did a good chunk of our shopping online this year). And most importantly thinking on the Gift we've already been given.
So now, to get going on baking some Christmas goodies…that’s a “need to do” kind of thing, right? ;)
.....
P.S. There are so many neat places online if you google "German Smokers" or "Christmas Pyramids" to see more and learn about their origin...I really love the little wooden figurine smokers too!
P.P.S. No, I'm not a smoker myself, in case you were wondering...
1 comment:
Pretty, pretty blog posting! Such cute treasures!
Post a Comment