Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Just 3 Things...

Well, maybe more like 4 or 5 snapshots of a very random today:
1) Printed some new tags for my shop, featuring my latest design…can't wait to list these!


2) Cleaned out my sock bins…these are what I’m getting rid of…I guess its been awhile, this is sort of embarrassing, no?

3) Bath time for the Orchids…they love this…they told me so. ;)


4) Am really excited to wear these new flats…do you like?

5) Baked seriously good "Banana Walnut Bread"…1 loaf for us, 1 loaf for hubby to bring to work tomorrow & share with his office mates. I hope they like! (recipe to follow…)

Recipe (given to me by Mum) originally from a very old article (I'm assuming based on the name) called the "Housewives' Exchange":

  • 1/2 cup butter (melted)
  • 1 1/3 cups sugar
  • 2 eggs, slightly beaten
  • 1 cup mashed bananas (very ripe ones work the best)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/3 cup buttermilk (or 1/3 cup milk + 1 Tbsp vinegar)
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp salt

In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs and beat thoroughly. Stir in bananas and vanilla. Sift together flour, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt; and stir into main mixing bowl alternately with buttermilk. (Note: Once all ingredients are combined, I add in about 1/4 cup chopped walnuts.) Pour into 9x5x3 inch greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Or bake in 2 smaller (approx. 7x3x2 inch) greased loaf pans and bake for approximately 40-45 minutes.

2 comments:

Mandy @ Belle and Boo said...

it is fate that you left such a lovely positive message on my blog today (thank you so much) it led me here to your gorgeous blog and a new receipe for banana loaf. I am obsessed with trying new variations, mmmmmmmmmmmm I think I need to do some baking in the morning.
Mandy :)

LBB said...

I hope the banana bread turns out! It's one of my favorite recipes and such a good way to use up really ripe bananas.
Thanks for your sweet words too! :)