Wednesday, July 7, 2010

{strawberry} red, white, & blue

Summer is really never quite complete for me without a trip to the berry patch. Hub and I continued our new little tradition (started last year), with a trip to the nearby farm and a stop at Gordy's afterwards for hot fudge malts. Because I also believe that summer is never complete without a few ice cream delights too!

So the long, hot weekend ensued with much berry bliss...strawberry smoothies, strawberry pancakes, fresh strawberries on vanilla ice cream, batches of strawberry freezer jam, and several more sweet strawberries were frozen to use all year long in fruit smoothies.

Oh, and a few festive sparklers were lit too. I love low-key, berry-filled, summer weekends.
Off to make strawberry muffins now!
.....
Happy Summer!

3 comments:

Dana said...

Sounds yummy :) What all do you put in your smoothies?

Miles Of Style said...

sounds delish!

just stumbled upon your blog and i have to say i LOVE it. please drop by mine too when you have some time. maybe we can follow each other. =)

Persis.
www.onestylemile.blogspot.com

LBB said...

Hi Dana~
For my smoothies I use about 1 cup of vanilla yogurt, 1 banana, a big handful of frozen berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries), a splash of OJ, and a dab of sweetness (either honey or my strawberry jam). Yum!