Tuesday, June 22, 2010

summery thoughts...

I've had this very strong hankering (don't you love that word?) for awhile now to take a road trip...or hop on a plane to Paris. One or the other. But our past weekend spent at the cabin will have to do for now...and it was really quite a relaxing and sweet little getaway. Although the weekend was a bit on the chilly side, today was finally hot and steamy and sunny...about 80 degrees here, which is steamy enough for this Northern MN girl. I worked outside for hours this afternoon...tending to my garden (it has changed so much since this spring and it continually amazes me each day, the way it fills in, and things are beginning to bloom!), watering the plants, cleaning the birdbath, and other such outdoorsy, yard tasks... Our pretty, pale pink roses are beginning to bloom now. So I cut a few to bring inside. I was reading a new book the other night by one of my favorite authors (the other day I screeched with delight & nearly knocked Hub over in Barnes when I saw she had a new book out!) and it mentioned something about flowers in the house and well, it made me think that little bouquets of fresh flowers shouldn't be relegated to just the kitchen table......I rather like the idea of them everywhere! As long as they are so readily available right out my front door this time of year. So I made a bouquet of the pretty purple Chive blossoms for our mantle that were just drooping over anyways, a simple rose in a vase for the main floor bathroom, and a couple pretty roses for the table...in my favorite thrifted glass bowl I found last summer...I love the sweet, scalloped edge of it.
I was a very lucky girl that day last summer!
~xoxo~
.....
P.S. I made my very first Etsy treasury today...would you like to see?

2 comments:

Dionne said...

I wanna go to Paris!

I love those roses, soo lovely. And hooray on your first treasury! I am on my phone right now, so I can't check it (Flash and iPhones don't mix). :(

MUM said...

To me, there is nothing more beautiful than a pale pink rose,...except maybe two pale pink roses! Pretty,pretty photos!