Monday, June 28, 2010

weekend sash...

Hub and I attended a fun wedding this past weekend, complete with silly photo booth festivities and individual cupcake party favors. I always love weddings...they make me a bit sentimental and what's more, I love seeing all the details and creative things the couple has planned. And this one really was quite a fancy affair from beginning to end!
I really don't shop for clothes as much since I've moved north from the Twin Cities...there really isn't anywhere great to shop here actually...and truly I've been finding myself happier with less, not so caught up in the latest this and that! So I'm glad that I have a few classic dresses to fall back on when needed.
For the wedding I wore an old J.Crew dress ~several seasons old!~ but I'm always happy to see it return again & again each year in their Spring catalogue...same style, just different colors & patterns. I decided to dress up the waistband just a bit for the wedding...so I found a strip of pretty vintage lace (previously mentioned here) and sewed (by hand) a chocolate-y brown satin ribbon on either side. And topped with a sweet little summer cardigan, it was just the perfect, much-needed touch! Voila! :)

2 comments:

MUM said...

What a cute idea,...the sash! Really adds a it of pizazz to the dress! Were the cupcakes good? They look relly yummy!

Dana said...

Very cute :)