Wednesday, February 17, 2010

pretty plumage

For my Valentine cards this year, I sent out little surprise packages for some sweet ladies featuring feathery bobby pins attached to "hats" hand cut from paper stating "you're the feather in my cap!" I was inspired by a pretty hair clip I recently purchased and wanted to try making some smaller versions using the notions I had in my craft stash. They were quite quick and fun to make! I started by cutting out a small wool felt circle as my base, glued on a few feathers, and then stitched on by hand whatever else I could find...ruffles of vintage seambinding, bits of lace, shiny beads, tiny fabric flowers, and little vintage leaves. No two were exactly alike, just like the unique & special ladies in my life!

6 comments:

Dionne said...

Oh this is the cutest, loveliest most darling idea! They are all so beautiful. I bet that all your friends loved them! You are so sweet and thoughtful, and soooo creative and talented!

MUM said...

What fun to see the whole lot of your beautiful creations! I sure do love mine! Thanks so much!

babybuff said...

Super super cute!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Those are so lovely. What a great idea. You are so creative.

Dana said...

Yes, yes, yes ... so cute ... and clever idea! I just got mine yesterday when we finished wading through the mail ... thank you :)

claire said...

So pretty! Your friends are so lucky!