Friday, February 12, 2010

papaya pink roses

Gorgeous roses from Hub...a sweet, early surprise last night.
While arranging them in a vase, I asked Hub, "Are these red? They look a little bit...not red?"
Hub: "Um no, they're not red. They were all out of red."
Me: "Oh."
Hub quickly responds: "They're papaya!"
A safe response. He knows I have a papaya-colored puffer coat which I love and which I'm often quite insistent about is truly papaya pink. Not orange as some people have referred to it by.
So the flowers were dubbed papaya-colored. Honestly, I prefer that to the traditional deep red. And really its all nonsense anyways. It's just a sweet sentiment that is helping to color up the white and colorless winter days around here!
Wishing you a colorful weekend and a Happy Valentine's Day!
xoxo ~L

2 comments:

MUM said...

Those roses are so beautiful! I bet they smell wonderful, too! My hairdresser's husband came in to the shop with a beautiful bunch of tulips for her today!Yes,it is so nice to see flowers,reminding us of the hope of spring and our own gardens in bloom! I have to say it, you have a great husband!

Anonymous said...

Those are lovely. I prefer pretty colors like this over red any day. I like really deep pink roses a lot.

You're husband did good.