
Yesterday, we bundled up and headed out into the gray, snowy afternoon to snowshoe for our first time of the season...since we finally have some measurable snow!

And I remembered why I
love snowshoeing. The land is so different in wintertime. So peaceful. Snowflakes cling to dried up, fuzzy wildflowers.

New nests are discovered, more easily spotted after it snows.

This was a big nest (maybe a robin's?) full of straw, twine, and fur.

A stand of trees discovered just beyond our woods that we'd never really seen before.

The occassional shock of collapsing into deeper snow and the smile that alights on the other's face when this happens. (Do you see hub?)

Realizing that I almost like dried up wild flowers better in the wintertime with their star-like, spikey shapes. Or perhaps you just have to look harder for beauty in the white, twiggy landscape...so you settle for some dried up old flowers. Just maybe.
4 comments:
What a joy to come home on New Year's Eve and find two new blog postings here! Your photos are beautiful!
You do have to look harder for beauty in wintertime ... but it seems you do a good job of looking :)
OOPS ... I meant to say you do a good job of FINDING the beauty :)
Thanks gals! :)
Post a Comment