Thursday, July 23, 2009

Watermelon Hearts

While cutting into a juicy watermelon the other day, I noticed that there almost appeared to be a trio of hearts in its cross-section. I'm not sure why I've never noticed this before?
As I was slicing it into pieces, I was inspired to pull out my heart cookie cutter and make some actual heart slices with a couple tiny basil leaves from my garden tucked alongside. How pretty would these be at a very lady-like lunch or tea party? I haven't seen this before but I'm sure I can't be the first one to use a cookie cutter on a watermelon, right?
So simple and sweet!

6 comments:

Dionne said...

This is such a cute idea. How adorable!

Dana said...

Yes ... cute! Funny, but I just noticed the design in watermelons for the first time this summer too!! (I looked at it like one big flower though.)

littlelovelies said...

you always find the sweetest side to everything! it looks like you been enjoying a wonderful summer... when i get back from my holiday i will find the time to read all the posts i've missed while i've been away....

enjoy the rest of your summer!
x nadine

{oc cottage} said...

What a great idea!!!!

m ^..^

Anonymous said...

I love this idea. The photo is beautiful. I bet you can use this idea on a lot of melons with tiny cookie cutters.

Julie said...

Pretty! Looks fun to eat. :)