While shopping at my newly found favorite antique shop down in the Cities last week, I came across a neat old postcard with cute little illustrations of a hunter, pheasant, deer, fisherman, etc... Of course I was drawn to it because it's a map of the region where we live. Plus it was in great condition and I thought it would be fun to frame and hang up in our guest room. And an added bonus is what's written on the back...postmarked in 1947 the writer starts out...Dear Ethel,
You never said you liked map cards but I thought this one would be interesting...
She goes on to say...
Yes, I think Minnesota is pretty country but oh so cold in winter! Too bad we aren't all rich so we could go south with the birds!
I found it funny because who ever says they like "map cards"? Maybe in 1947 they did? But her statement about Minnesota winters and flying south couldn't be more true!
I found it funny because who ever says they like "map cards"? Maybe in 1947 they did? But her statement about Minnesota winters and flying south couldn't be more true!
Yes, I know...I'm easily amused. ;)
3 comments:
LoL - so true. Map Cards aren't exactly common in everyday discussion, are they?
But it's a cute card. I will have to make sure to mention how cute I think Map Cards are more often.
neat find, sis :)
Thanks gals...
Dionne, you totally crack me up! ;)
Post a Comment