
I found these vintage hankies the other day (same day as the buttons). I bought them because I liked the designs...especially the blue & orange mushroom one...
of course, right?...and also because they were dirt cheap. I noticed they had names on them like Faith Austin, Tammis Keefe, and Monique. After a bit of googling last night, I found out a little more about the names...the designers of the hankies and saw some for sale on various sites like ebay. I saw a couple similar to mine. Perhaps some are valuable? I don't know anything about vintage hankies and I have no idea for sure if any of these really are of value, but apparently some people do collect vintage hankies. I just thought they'd be nice to tie up little gifts in...such as pretty soaps or jars of jam...or use as linens on a tray for tea or on a bedside table. Do you have any creative ideas for these pretty squares?
{Seaside ~ 3 x 3.25" ~ glass votive + papercutting}Also, as noted in a previous post about seagulls...here's where they landed themselves...on a custom order votive. It looks really very neat at night when it is lit, giving a gentle glow, and the paper cutting designs become silhouettes. I'm working on some new things for
the shop too, including new votives!

That's about all for now. This weekend we'll be finishing up our landscaping project. I
so can't wait to be done with it. We're so so close! And its looking quite lovely if I do say so myself. Hub and I just want to stare at it all the time...in amazement. Various people have said to us (in a tone of disbelief)
“you guys are doing all of this yourselves?” And we just nod our very dirty, very tired heads yes. Perhaps we’re a little too young and naïve to have realized just how much work this was going to be. But all our sweat and back-breaking work is paying off...and we're both getting some big muscles in the process! ;)
After we finish, we'll be squeezing in some time for relaxation and fun...perhaps a hike or a bikeride along the North Shore. The weekend is before us...we'll see what it holds! I love a fresh weekend. A clean slate before me. Don't you?
Happy Memorial Day weekend to you!
~xoxo~
5 comments:
They are gorgeous. What great things you find!
The seaside votive is truly "a thing of beauty"! Very creative and artistic! I love the soft pallet! Good job, honey!
Oh wow - I am in love with those darling hankies! And the votive is precious! I love the dreamy, ethereal colors!
Have fun landscaping this weekend. That's quite an undertaking, but I am sure the results will be worth it! Post pics!
Ooh the vintage hankies are very nice. I mentioned you on my blog today! :)
I love your vintage hankies - i'm very jealous indeed! And how sweet is your votive with those cute seagulls flying around.... your so talented!
p.s. I am hosting a giveaway for a beautiful handmade ceramic item donated by 'love grows by giving' - you can enter here.
x nadine
little lovelies
Post a Comment