Thursday, May 7, 2009

and it even swivels...


I finally found the stool to accompany my drawing table. It has been a long time of waiting to find the perfect one, but as I’ve said before…I never rush these decorating things. So be it if we have to have a perfectly good drawing table sitting idle for months on end with no stool soulmate. I just don't like to rush things like this. Because furniture and such is something you have to live with for a while. And so I want to really, really love it. So I wait patiently for the right one to come along. Now at last it has and I do so love it.

I came upon it a couple weeks ago and knew immediately that this would be the perfect stool for our drawing table. I didn’t even think to measure the height. Hub and I went back soon after so he could see it too. Right away he said, “Yep, let’s get it. I like it.” So we brought it home and pulled it up to our table and guess what? It was the just the right height…no adjustments needed to the table or stool. Just like it was meant to be. Of course it needed some new fabric on the seat which is another whole silly story in and of itself…our first re-upholstering project the other night. It's certainly not perfect, but I think it looks pretty good for us first-timers.


So back to the swivel…this was an added bonus. I love chairs that swivel. I guess it reminds me of long ago times playing in my Grandpa Sig’s basement “office”, typing away on his typewriter and taking turns twirling each other around in his big, old wooden chair on wheels. And my favorite ride at Disney this year just so happened to be the Mad Tea Party ride, where you spin round and round in an oversized teacup while the entire platform of teacups is spinning as well. So it seems quite fitting that I would chance upon this lovely, swivel-y stool with its hint of Parisian-like style and vintage flair. A stool that has been receiving a whole lot of swivel-love from me already. And much more to come I'm certain.

4 comments:

MUM said...

Hey! Great job you two!!! The stool looks perfect with the table!
Just like another perfect match (you two!)

Dionne said...

This is such a cute chair, i love the scroll-work on the back and then the cute little flowers you added. Lovely.

Dana said...

Darling chair!!! Great fabric choice!!! Fun memory about playing in G & G's basement too :)

LBB said...

Thanks ladies! :)