Plum tree buds, begonias, African violets, bloodroot…it seems the weekend was in bloom with things both wild and cultivated. The juxtaposition of things both old and new. Creating cards with elements of vintage cards (the sweet lady faces, old rick rack) combined with new elements (like pretty papers and paper flowers). Honoring mothers and new life. We celebrated Mother’s Day a weekend early this year, due to circumstances. So Hub and I packed up again and headed to the Cities. We celebrated birthdays with family and welcomed new life too…both in the garden and in the sweetest, newborn niece. She was the most precious bloom of all.
Sunday afternoon we were home again and began working on our landscaping project, which I think will be quite the undertaking for Hub and I...having never done something as large-scale as this before. We plotted and measured and vaguely recalled old geometry formulas to determine areas and whatnot. We made 2 trips to Menards. Ordered bricks and rock and dirt...which are coming today. We're excited to get started. We're hoping this works out as planned. Wish us luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment