Goodness. I feel like I need a weekend from this past weekend. So exhausting. In a word, landscaping. For now, all I will say (or have the energy to say) is that seagulls arrived and were flying all about the neighborhood. While sitting in the parking lot at Menards (for the 5th time last week) waiting for Hub to stick more stuff in the trunk, seagulls were hovering, one landing on top of a truck's tailgate. Never having paid such close attention to them before, I was now studying their flight movements, various wing positions, and posture when sitting or standing still. I grabbed scraps of paper when possible and randomly sketched geometric-like shapes of them for a new little project I'm working on. It just so happened to be a nice coincidence that they should appear at this time for me to attempt to accurately model my designs after the actual living, moving birds.
Seeing all these seagulls reminds me just how close we live to a big body of water. After all this landscaping and house stuff is done, I'm looking forward to being able to slow down a bit and enjoy this beautiful place we live...the trails, the paths, the lakeside. Because this is the best time of year to live here.
6 comments:
You have aroused my curiosity! Hmmmm,...wondering what seagulls have to do with your next creative work? Your cut-outs are cute, as are your sketches!
Seagulls now remind me of our last home which was by the seaside - I never paid much attention to them before either - but they nested on neighbouring roof tops and I was always watching from our kitchen window whilst the mom & day protected the nest - I grew to really like them & their grey baby chicks too! I can't wait to see what your up to now!
x nadine
I used to live by the beach - it was lovely. I loved hearing the seagull squalls.
I love your little cut-outs!! Just darling!
I'm curious as well ...
How did the landscaping project turn out?
Thanks for all your kind comments! :) The seagulls are for a new papercut votive I'm making...will post a pic of it soon perhaps. I enjoyed hearing your seagull story, Nadine! How fun!
The landscaping project is turning out really well. We're not totally done with it yet (we have one more retaining wall to build and more plants to purchase for that level) so we'll be working on it again this weekend. It is hard work but so worth the effort!
Beautiful! Those cut-outs are indspiring
Post a Comment