Getting back to the basics of paper cutting, something I haven't done very much of lately, felt really good. Ironically I didn't use anything from those piles of fun crafting goodies I talked about in a recent post. Instead I used good old paper, scissors, my retractable knife, and some glue to create little teacups with a removable "tea bag" tied onto the teacup's handle. And although I have a cute little heart punch, I felt that I should keep true to the theme of papercutting, so I handcut each tiny heart that is lofting up out of the teacup, to create a little stream of "heart steam". That resulted in a lot of hearts multiplied by each card. But so worth it when sending a note to my loved ones that is from the heart!...
Hub and I don't have any big plans today...we may do a bit of snowshoeing down by the lake and go out for some coffee/tea afterwards. Also, I really want to stop in at our local flower shop and pick out some flowers. I told hub it would be fun to go there together and pick out something beautiful & colorful to help brighten up this dreary gray day.
~xoxo~
2 comments:
So adorable! I like the removable tea bag aspect.
Post a Comment