Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Migration {a new flock}

My little hands have been busy working on some new things for the shop, even as my mind has been steadfastly thinking thoughts of Spring. I’m eager to see the new perennials I planted last year come back to life, making their debut. The firework-like astilbes, strings of bleeding hearts, tall stalks of bluebells blowing in a soft Spring breeze…oh my!
Perhaps I shouldn’t be so eager as there are still several inches of hard, crunchy snow burying all things colorful and beautiful. I was most reminded of that fact this morning while driving in to work, in freezing rain/snow/sleet, knowing that we still have a couple months of messy, mucky, wetness to get through. So I'll try to continue to find the beauty in this barren landscape of Winter, and create colorful things of my own...for the time being.

Perhaps you need to see some pretty Spring colors too? See more photos of this new little flock here and here. More birds will be making their migration into my shop throughout the week!

~xoxo

2 comments:

MUM said...

Your new flock is adorable! Love 'em!Those hummingbirds are "WOW"!!!!

Dana said...

Cute as always!