Thursday, February 12, 2009

my heart is full

...of lavender...
A knitted heart full of lavender, that is.
In the recent February issue of Living, there was a section about Valentines and the iconic heart. My own heart was immediately drawn to one of the simple, sweet projects shown…a knitted heart. Actually it was a knitted heart that you made for your kitty and filled with catnip. I’m not even sure what catnip is. But that’s beside the point. I don’t have a cat.
But I instantly wanted to make a bowlful of these hearts in various colors, filled with lavender instead. So far I’ve made one which I decided to dress up a bit with some of my favorite trim I bought long ago at Rose Mille that I hadn’t been able to use on anything…until now…because it is so sweet and beautiful (and a bit pricey too) and nothing seemed really worthy of it. But this little heart sachet is going to get stuffed in a dresser drawer among my pretties…and I didn’t use very much of the trim on this anyhow. So I can continue to hoard the rest of it for now.

~xoxo~

1 comment:

Rachel said...

If I knew how to knit, I would make one of these for each of my favorite girls on V-day. Why don't I know how to knit?