Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Few Gems...

Whew! I just had a jam-packed crazy busy yet very fulfilling past few days. It began on Saturday with a day-trip visit from a few family members (on hubby’s side) to see our "still somewhat new" home and spend the day out and about together. Here is a sweet, house-warming gift they gave to us…something so much like a birdbath I would have chosen for myself! Aren’t those the best kinds of gifts? It was also very appropriate since our pedestal birdbath last summer decided to fall apart on itself…literally rusting through the post and toppling over unexpectedly when hubby went to move it to mow the lawn, although this was a fact they weren’t aware of when they gave us this most generous gift.

The next few days were spent on a business trip (for hubby) combined with lots of family/friend time for us as well, but moreso for me:

~ A dinner out with my grandma and parents one night. (Below was a belated bday gift from Mum & Dad...a lovely little garden fairy sitting atop a patch of mushrooms...isn't she cute?)

~Stops by my siblings’ homes to say hello. (Below is a sweet pincushion from my bro and sis-in-law...she got on Etsy at Chet and Dot...how neat is that? And below that, a handmade birthday card from sister and fam. So sweet!)

~A visit to my aunt’s home to view some of her latest amazing wire sculpture artwork. Wow... I'm inspired!

~A shopping trip with hubby to search for new work shoes for him (mission accomplished), followed by a delicious dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Muffuletta (below).

~Precious time on walks with my mum and seeing the beginnings of her garden, just coming into its Spring glory. (Below is her "bloodroot," I think?)

~A quick jaunt to a fave crafting store to seek out new supplies (visits to this store are now few & far between since our move so I really do relish the time when I'm able to go…I found a favorite colored cardstock called “Thai Gold” that I’d been searching for…and 100% jute twine, perfect for tying on LillyBonBon tags!)


~Wonderful time spent with a dear friend (and Mum too) over lunch and celebrating our April birthdays together. (Here is one of her gifts to me...an antique, bamboo-patterned cup and saucer…so dainty and unique!)
There’s something about birthdays as you get older where they seem to be carried out longer and celebrated more sporadically, sprinkled with a day here & there of birthday joy and well wishes as time, distance, and life permits you to gather with family and friends. I was so happy for this time over the past few days, only wishing the time spent with each person could be much, much longer!

No comments: