Okay, so anything fried is pretty much usually tasty good…usually. Hubby loves a particular goat cheese salad he occasionally orders at one of our fave restaurants…so when I was smack dab in the middle of working out a week or so ago (inside on a rainy day) and watching Rachel Ray make this Fried Goat Cheese Salad, I knew I had to try making it. Besides, she makes everything look sooo easy and all with her carefree “throw the salt over your shoulder” sort of attitude. And they actually were pretty easy to throw together as well as oh-so-fabulous tasting.
By the way, Rachel Ray didn’t give any specific ingredient amounts (at least that I could recall after my workout and a quick jotting down of this recipe from memory) so when I made it, I just winged everything and didn’t measure anything. I also forgot to buy sesame seeds so I substituted finely chopped pistachios (used the food processor to chop pistachios and make the entire breading, really) since this is what the goat cheese salad is actually called that Hubby orders at the restaurant anyhow. I bought a chunk of really good, plain goat cheese that I was able to cut into about 7 quarter-inch slices. Not being a huge fan of goat cheese, I thought I’d give 4 to hubby and 3 to myself…until I saw how wonderfully-delicious they looked and I decided to split the 7th one in half. ;)
For the salad I used romaine lettuce, a basic Dijon vinaigrette (with shallots...I love shallots) recipe from the Joy of Cooking cookbook, and topped the salads with green onions and cherry tomatoes too!

Sunday, May 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment