After a string of many sleepless (up with little baby Bub) nights, I decided to make cookies yesterday. It was the sort of day when I wouldn't even trust myself to drive. And now I'm not really sure how or when I made them? It seemed to take all day: mix the dry ingredients together, go change a diaper...crack an egg, feed baby some lunch...scoop out peanut butter, chop some nuts, and play with baby a little while...get baby down for nap, start baking them and baby wakes up 20 minutes later...get baby back to sleep and bake some more...etc, etc and on it went! Needless to say I didn't make a good home-cooked dinner. But cookies are important. And I wanted to make them mainly to please Hub. I heard him rummaging in the freezer the other night in search of some homemade cookies, a place where we often keep extras...but we'd been out for quite awhile. P.S. Oh, and the cookies are delicious too. I lost count of how many I alone consumed. But they were little...tiny in fact! ;)
P.P.S. And I don't know why you are supposed to flatten them a bit with a fork? Anyone? I only remembered to do this about 50% of the time and I think I actually like the fluffier, un-flattened versions better. :)
2 comments:
I like mine thick and chewy too -- brownielike :) They look delish and the cloth below is cute ... is it a new tablecloth?
Thanks! No, the cloth is actually an old vintage "Vera" tea towel.
Post a Comment