



Just using the word "Spring" in my post title makes me a little happy! It has been warm and pleasant here lately and all the things that go along with Spring are surging through my head...warmer & longer days, flowers budding, grass greening up, birds chirping away, eating al fresco... The other day when it was sunny and 65 degrees out, I brought little baby bub outside and set him down on the grass for the very first time. He seemed so content, so happy, so calm and a little uncertain! He very gently pulled at the still brownish-green grass and held tightly to a rock I had given him, flipping it over and over in his hands...examining it as if he were on a new planet. I'm so excited for a whole spring (and then summer) ahead of us with new little outdoor discoveries like this with my new little explorer. Especially after being cooped up in the house during the long winter months...one can't help but be a bit antsy and excited. Yet in the meantime, I'm still conjuring up Spring inside...like this new pair of foxes I just recently completed for a wedding cake topper order. They feel very spring-like and cheerful to me. She requested teal blue and yellow details...I'm always surprised at all the different color combinations brides choose for their weddings...I don't think I've ever had the same 2 or 3 color combinations requested...the possibilities are almost infinite! Just like my dreams about a new Spring with my still-new baby...infinite possibilities!
No comments:
Post a Comment