Friday, March 25, 2011

yellow narcissus

narcissus

Just basking in the pretty glow of these little yellow Narcissus flowers...
My table had been crying out for a little bit of Spring so I picked these up from the grocery store yesterday. I transferred them from the ugly little pot they came in to this fancy glass dish (of course not before trying out several other pots/planters/vases and making a huge mess right before dinner). But I really wanted to be able to see the dirt and the roots...and I only felt slightly guilty about putting dirt in this gorgeous glass dish. Although it still doesn't feel like Spring yet outside, at least seeing these flowers makes it seem a bit more Spring-like on the inside.

3 comments:

MUM said...

Those perky yellow flowers sure gave my spirit a needed lift! Thanks so much!

Dana said...

The glass dish is a great idea :)

Dionne said...

I love them in glass like that! So pretty! What a great idea.