Friday, March 18, 2011

knitted socks...

Lately I've been knitting little tiny things...like these baby socks/booties (in the most neutral of colors, of course). For the brown pair (left), I followed this pattern and for the other pairs, I loosely followed this pattern (also done here first).
I like experimenting with different sized needles and different yarns to see how they turn out. The middle pair is oh soo tiny and a bit odd in color because they were made with some leftover striping yarn that I had used to make these below...
If I were smart, I would have started knitting tiny socks like those above first, before attempting to knit a pair of socks for myself. I finally finished this pair a month or so ago, after a good year (and then some) of working on them here & there. They were tedious to make, but they fit perfectly...and after all that work, I'm just thankful for that!
....
P.S. Speaking of The Purl Bee, check out their latest post of so many pretty Spring projects to make!

1 comment:

MUM said...

Hey, those are the cutest little socks for what is going to be the cutest little baby! Nice going!