Wednesday, February 2, 2011

five isn't enough...{+ customer cake photos}

Oftentimes 5 photos per Etsy listing just isn't enough for me...I hem and haw over which photos to use, which ones show my items at their best, highlight specific things like the details on the base of a cake topper or the pattern of paper I've chosen for the base. I try to figure out which lighting is best and yet still conveys the true colors of an item. I attempt to have a good variety of close-up shots and distance shots. And then of course there are all the different angles! I like to show my work from almost every possible angle...so with all that said, usually 5 photos just isn't enough. Sometimes I see shops on Etsy that will just use one photo to show their item...oh to have the confidence to allow one picture to stand alone and represent. Nope...can't do it! So what can I do when I have more photos that I maybe wanted to use but didn't have room for? Put them here on the blog. So, I present a new pair of Sweetheart Birds!
.....
And if you're still with me on this rambling post, thought I'd share a couple photos a customer sent me recently of some of my cake toppers she ordered for her wedding.
She used one set of bird toppers on their wedding cake...
...and after receiving them, ordered another pair to use as a little centerpiece on their "Love is Sweet, Take a Treat" bar. (A little hard to see but they are way up there at the top of the photo, in the center.) Its always fun for me to see how they were used!

5 comments:

MUM said...

Your "Sweetheart Birds" are so so so sweet!!!! Very cute! I like the lily-of-the-valley arch! It was sure fun to see your little birds on the wedding cake and treat bar!

photojoy said...

How lovely! I am totally carried away with your birds.

Snippets/Sarah said...

Absolutely sweet and adorable. What an inspiration and joyful blog. I have given my kids a "snow day" since the rest of the country seems to be getting them in spades so I am perusing blogs. Yours is adorable, artistic and so feminine. Off to check out your shop.

Euphoria said...

They are so lovely and original!!!

Dionne said...

This is so precious, your birds are so cute, and the display is lovely! What a nice customer to show you pics!