A new birdy cake topper has landed itself on a branch in my shop. I've gradually been working on a few new things for the shop...and I think this particular bird would be lovely upon a simple white frosted cake for a special lady or birthday girl.
I've had little songbirds on the mind today ever since this morning when I heard the sweet song of one just outside my window. It was only a short song...just a long high note followed by a steady low note. But that first hopeful sound of a bird singing caught my ear and reminded me that Spring will someday arrive...eventually...even though it seems on this dreary January day to be lightyears away. Sometimes I forget how quiet nature is in the wintertime. Until I hear that first birdsong and it awakens my mind to memories of warm Spring mornings, sleeping with the windows cracked, and hearing the birds of the forest begin their sweet songs early in the morning. I can't wait for those Spring mornings!
More birds, more soon! ~L

2 comments:
Oh it's darling! I was just thinking last night too ... when it was a balmy 19 or so ... that spring must be on the way :) Only about 13 weeks 'til May ...
What a cute little birdy! It is adorned so prettily! With all this snow we have I sometimes wonder if we will ever see grass again, let alone birds singing and building their nests!
Post a Comment