The new year has been getting off to a quiet but good start for me. I actually didn't even make it until midnight on new year's eve, probably for the first time that I can recall. Hub was off work for a few days over new years and we accomplished A TON of cleaning out, getting rid of, organizing...and it felt so wonderful. It's nice to have a partner who is fully on board and sometimes the motivator as well behind getting things organized. I'm usually a bit like this every new year...where I need to totally clean up and organize my studio after the holiday craftiness and whatnot, but this year it extended to our basement, future baby room (the closet was packed with our stuff!), etc as well. I'm sure it's the sense of a new year that spurs me to do this, to start fresh, but perhaps this year with the addition of a baby to our home, we were even more inspired to get things in order. And as we were doing all this over a few days, I pondered how silly/amazing it is that we have to spend so much time dealing with "stuff!" Makes me long for more simplicity, less things... But now that my desk is finally clean and I know where everything is, I'm taking my time to ease back into creating too. I have a desire to sew something but haven't figured out just what yet. I'd like a project that I can work on for awhile...piecing together here and there...taking my time while learning more about sewing...and quietly easing into this wonderful fresh new year!About my photo: Winter is getting a little long now though...I recently had to corral all my plants away from the chilly windows and put a bunch of them on my favorite white plant stand. I so enjoy seeing this greenery when outside everything is snow-covered!
4 comments:
oh your white plant stand is sooo cheery!! I need one of those, it would help with making winter not seem so long...
Plant stand looks springy! Well,...almost,...spring is still just a memory. But, that's the PRIZE we get to enjoy when it finally gets here after this winter of all winters! Your "baby tears" are really flourishing! Plant stand looks nice there!
Hi, love your colorful pots...I have several of those but can't grow much in my shady home..Have a great weekend and hope that you finish organizing and sorting...it always feels so good when it's finished. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes
Happy New Year from Japan. I enjoy reading your blog. The same thing is true to me, too. Now the daily routine is back and the rooms are getting disorganized again :(
Post a Comment