Monday, October 12, 2009

Crafting Through the Changes

{a new wintery white deer couple...in the works} {collecting for crafting...bits of nature} {more feathery tag-making} {new owl sweethearts...now in the shop}
{votive-making...}
{I always love aerial views of things...} {more playing with papercutting...plentiful}
.....
We awoke to a thin blanket of snow on Saturday morning. It seems we've strangely fast-forwarded through Fall, heading directly into Winter. We scurried around on Saturday putting away the bird bath, outdoor furniture, plants and such. It felt like the proverbial battening down the hatches. I pulled out my puffer coat for a chilly walk and unexpectedly we searched for gloves and mittens in the rush to get to church. It's far too early to do my annual switcheroo of baskets in our back hall closet to bring out the hats and scarves baskets...at least I thought it was. And while I'm not quite sure what to make of all this (thank you very much global warming...), I'm rather hoping we'll rewind for a bit to enjoy some more autumn-like weather. So even as temperatures and daylight hours and things around us are in flux, I'm keeping my head down, maintaining some semblance of order by crafting. That has been my constant.

5 comments:

Dana said...

Love the cornucopia! Don't love the snow!

Chelsey - The Paper Mama said...

its easy for me to say i love the snow when we only get a couple days of it a year! and that's not till winter!

i'm loving all the creations, and can't wait to see how the deer turn out!

by the way, i almost bought those boots on your sidebar with the ruffles... anthropologie was out of my size everywhere. i love them!

-chelsey

Dionne said...

You got snow?!!! WOw! ALready?

I love all of these. The feather tags are so dainty and pretty, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mr Owl.

MUM said...

See, Dana knows what a cornucopia is! WOW! You have been a busy little crafter! The turkey is sooo cute and the cornucopia,... well, I just don't know how you do it!!!

Hena Tayeb said...

the votive is great.. very creative