Thursday, October 16, 2008

Caramel & Gorillas

It's been a long time since I’ve had creamy caramel drizzled upon an apple. But yesterday, I had the not-so-unfortunate conundrum of having heaps of leftover melted caramel after making these delicious Cashew-Caramel Cookies. Luckily we happened to have a few crisp, tart Cortland apples left from our Apple Orchard trip upon which to do some drizzling. Hub and I indulged ourselves in way too much caramel-y goodness yesterday. (And with this sugar overload I also had a little too much energy to talk back at the TV last night while debate-watching…)
Speaking of caramel (sort of)…I recently stumbled upon a wonderful little Etsy shop, Caramelos, full of sweet crafty things like flocked deer, petite sisal trees, vintage spun cotton mushrooms, and all sorts of trims & ribbons. Just the other day I received my little brown mushrooms in the mail from her. What a delight!
Finally, on a totally different note, why is it that I never happen to have my camera with me when I need it? Like yesterday. I absolutely needed it when while driving home (after picking Hub up from work) we spotted 2 men (or women?) in full gorilla suits, both driving bright red motorcycles, and wearing bright red tutus. And just as we were heading down the on-ramp, away from them, we happened to see them get pulled over by the police. Perhaps its not good to drive while wearing a gorilla suit. Maybe it impairs your vision? Or maybe it distracts other drivers, like myself. This sounds like a dream, but its seriously true. Wish I had my camera to prove it. It was such a funny sight.

Happy Thursday! Off to get another sore back and shoulders as I rake mountains of crinkly, golden leaves now.

P.S. Dad, I know how much you love nuts. So we'll try to save some cookies for when you & Mum come to visit this weekend. ;)

1 comment:

MUM said...

Those cookies are even better tasting than they look, and they look really good! Thanks for sending some home with us! Love, MUM