While there are heaping piles of laundry to do and much other housework to
be done, errands to be run, stacks of mail, paper, and other
randomness covering the table/counter/dresser/desk/most any flat surface
really, and a yard being overtaken by an astounding number of
dandelions (yes, this is what coming home from a long vacation looks
like), I found myself in the kitchen throwing together a galette.
I'm trying to tackle all that other stuff in bits and pieces. I know
it'll all get done eventually. But I'm really craving some homemade
food after being away from home for so long. We did have a kitchen where we stayed
while on vacation and we did mostly eat in (just easier with a little
one), and we also had some amazing food (will share in a later post), but
I still feel like churning out my own home-cooking now that we're
back. I've seen various galette recipes in magazines and cookbooks and
they always look so effortless. (I very loosely followed the peach-blackberry recipe in Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook.) Also, I've been trying to clean out the
freezer and noticed I still have quite a few frozen berries from last
season. So with a new berry season on the horizon, I decided to
use most of my old ones up. This galette is filled with black raspberries,
blueberries, a few red raspberries, and a few gooseberries...all wild or from the garden! And now I can't wait for more berry goodness soon to come!
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Mmmmmmmmmm! That looks soooooo good! You are making my mouth water! I have been in a baking slump lately (well, of course I make banana bread weekly, so that doesn't count). I was actually thinking of making chocolate chip cookies tomorrow and maybe a rhubarb pie or something. You have definitely inspired me. Leave the garden go and spend some time in the kitchen! Yeah!
Post a Comment