Wednesday, April 18, 2012

spring things...

Spring Garlands and Things 2012
Recently I made a couple new garlands...one, the butterfly one directly above, was requested by mum for her birthday (similar to the Valentine ones I made here.) I never did take a proper photo of it before giving it to her so this is a snippet of a photo she sent me to show how she hung it above her kitchen table. Also, for fun I got inspired one night to make a very springy, floral and birdy, garland/banner. For this one I used only old vintage cards and some vintage polka dot paper to break it up a bit. And those white branches I spray-painted last fall have become my interchangeable seasonal display. Ornaments were hung from them at Christmas. In February, they held a little red paper heart garland. And now for Spring, I twisted on a few pretty pink paper flowers to mimic some blossoming branches. Its amazing how something so simple can make such a big difference to me!

1 comment:

MUM said...

Sweet photos and creative sweetness. I LOVE my butterfly banner!!! Thanks so much, hon!