Monday, August 8, 2011

some thoughts today...

Life with a little one is SO busy. I think my idea of what it would be like to have a baby and actually having a baby of my own is so completely different. I don't think anyone or any book or any amount of preparation can really truly prepare you for so radical a life change. Although I think it is the hardest thing I've ever done, I'm loving every single minute of it. (Just don't ask Hub at certain points in the day when I'm extremely sleep deprived and a bit snappy!) But as we're starting to have a tiny bit more of a routine, getting comfortable with each other, I'm just starting to be able to carve out little moments for myself (that don't just involve laundry or dishes) and feel some moments of normalcy...normalcy being what life was like pre-baby. Perhaps for others having their first child isn't such a major adjustment, but for me it really has been. As Hub sometimes tells me, I don't do good with change. And this has been a huge change in every way possible...yet the very best kind of change too. I don't often put personal/people photos on this blog, but I loved this recent photo of us together... It was little baby's first "wild blueberry hike." I pointed them out as Hub picked them. And baby slept through most of it all. What a special time!

2 comments:

MUM said...

Sweet photo! Sweet thoughts on becoming a mother. I think many of us have had the same feelings or experience. It is all so worth it!!!!

babybuff said...

I agree, no amount of reading and preparation can prepare you for really becoming a parent. Congrats and I hope you enjoy as much as we do!