Enjoying the beauty of the first big snow of the season...
The snow began Saturday morning and was so sticky that it clung to the tree limbs and even the tree trunks, the branches sagging under the heavy weight of white.
Normally these thickly coated limbs wouldn't stay this way for long, the snow eventually sliding off and giving way. But even today everything is still cloaked in white. And it is so pretty to look at.
Another good thing, feeding the sweet little Chickadees by hand...
It's always a bit magical when the first one comes to perch upon my hand, feeling almost weightless...this tiny connection to nature. 
Some are hesitant, flitting nearby, while others are bold and happily sit upon my hand.
Just in time before the snow fell, I finished these cozy gray fingerless gloves.
.....
Update: Per request, here is the link to the pattern I used for these fingerless gloves. I loosely followed this pattern and made them a bit longer so they'd go up my arm further. It's a pretty quick and simple pattern to follow! :)
5 comments:
Amazing! I have not seen wild birds to that before...they must so sense that you are a sweet friend.
I love your hand warmers..or fingerless gloves...adorable..perfect for the computer.
Stay cozy...no snow here yet. Your images are stunning .xoxx
Beautiful photos of winter white!
Love the little chickadees eating from your hand! The gloves turned out pretty cool!!!
I love your posts, and those gloves are great! I wish I had the patience to knit... : )
I am Dawn from Suitcase Vignettes and happen to find your blog through a Field Journal...I am amazed with your talent, photos and everything on your blog...I am your new follower...stop by for a chat...www.thriftreveal.blogspot.com. Have a great week...
i love your fingerless gloves! i want to make some for a Christmas present. could you post a tutorial or the pattern? i would love that!
thanks!
Post a Comment