It all started with a pretty Swedish tablecloth my Grandma gave to me at my wedding shower. This became the backdrop to my modern, yet lady-like, woodland flora-imbued Spring birthday lunch…to celebrate a few very special April birthdays.
Rosemary crackers corralled in a vintage egg cup. Recognize those fluttery coasters? They were given to my guests as a little party favor. (Although I think it’s fair to say they were just as enthused about keeping their Pelligrino bottles to repurpose later as flower vases.)
Dessert: Decadent Almond Bars topped with vintage cupcake toppers, each one was a different kind of whimsical-looking bird…another tiny take-home favor for my guests.
Centerpiece: I combined pretty pink Hyacinths...
...with spiky, elongated mystery flora.
From the heart gift-giving: A beautifully hand-painted sign on an old piece of wood, a truly sweet piece of artwork......and aprons made from the fabric of vintage dresses...so, so clever & cute. What talented gals, don't you think? :)
Oh and yes, one of the birthdays was mine…I’ll be turning 30 next week. There. I said it. I really can’t believe it. But I also can't think of a better way to usher in my upcoming birthday. It was an absolutely lovely day.
No comments:
Post a Comment