My eyes were thirsty for pretty, inspiring, tangible things…the warmer climate in the Cities (no snow on the ground anywhere!) plus the plentiful shops and such provided just what this girl needed. Only problem is there’s always too little time to take it all in.
Hub and I went down to visit family, celebrate Easter with them, and try to squeeze in a few other enjoyable things as well…things like shopping and eating at an old favorite restaurant. I’m so blessed to have my Hub who doesn’t mind shopping with me one bit at all. Nor does he mind (very much) running me back out across town on Easter Sunday to return a skirt I bought in the wrong size the day before. I know that sounds just wrong all around but we were only there for a short time so it had to be done! Yet he never complains…even if it isn’t what he really prefers to do…he just lovingly helps me along in life…I’m so thankful and could really take a lesson (or two or three) from him in this. I think that’s what makes our marriage work so well though…putting each other first, being more selfless rather than submitting to our natural selfish inclinations, and ultimately learning that it brings more joy to be this way than the other.But without any further ado (or rambling thoughts on marriage), a few more photos from our busy Easter weekend…
{Anthro: I'm loving their "honey bee" theme for the month of April. I'm a lover of the month of April in general though too, being that it's the month of my birthday and I had received a bday card from them for 15% off my entire purchase!}
{Rick Rack: Rick Rack is pretty, no? I adore the tiny vintage kind and I hit the jackpot at a neat, new-to-me antique shop.}
{Muffuletta: Hawaiian Blue Marlin & Homemade Ravioli, pretty food perfection...no food photos to show though, just the restaurant's cute sign.}
{Vintage Deer + chocolate eggs: Better than an Easter basket. Mum found this cutie and knowing my fondness for deer, left it as a surprise for us on the guest bedroom nightstand. I just love those exaggerated ears!}
.....
P.S. I made some pretty tasty Pecan Bars to share for Easter and they were quite a hit. A few people have asked for the recipe so I thought I'd link to it here. They're quite easy to make...just don't mind all the butter...butter is better! ;)
{Rick Rack: Rick Rack is pretty, no? I adore the tiny vintage kind and I hit the jackpot at a neat, new-to-me antique shop.}
{Muffuletta: Hawaiian Blue Marlin & Homemade Ravioli, pretty food perfection...no food photos to show though, just the restaurant's cute sign.}
{Vintage Deer + chocolate eggs: Better than an Easter basket. Mum found this cutie and knowing my fondness for deer, left it as a surprise for us on the guest bedroom nightstand. I just love those exaggerated ears!}.....
P.S. I made some pretty tasty Pecan Bars to share for Easter and they were quite a hit. A few people have asked for the recipe so I thought I'd link to it here. They're quite easy to make...just don't mind all the butter...butter is better! ;)
2 comments:
Wow! What a sweet posting! From the beautiful photos to your loving tribute to your wonderful hubby! (the deer looks pretty cute, too!)
It looks like you had a wonderful little easter break - I am in love with your vintage fawn nestled down with all the chocolate eggies!
Just so you know - My giveaway started today - you can enter here.
x nadine
little lovelies
Post a Comment