Friday, March 20, 2009

Hello Spring...

The week started off with a flurry of productivity and has dwindled down to a feeling of not being able to accomplish anything very completely. And it's good to remember that plugging in the espresso machine will not successfully get your English muffin toasted. Oy. It’s snowing big flakes here on this first day of Spring in Duluth.
Yet inside the greenhouse, things are sprouting! A little update…It’s day 7 in there (I'm counting last Saturday when I planted them as day 1) and I’m amazed at how fast some things are popping up. The chamomile seeds were the first to show on day 5! Now the grass has quickly followed suit. In my childlike wonder, I feel like I’m in elementary school all over again when we planted seeds in old one liter pop bottles.

I dreamt of being in Paris last night. Of course it was nothing like being in Paris in real life but all the same I felt I was really there, mildly disappointed upon waking. This is likely due to my recent thumbing through of my very ancient “English to French, French to English” dictionary that I dug out in order to have a somewhat meaningful back and forth communication with a sweet Etsy customer located in France. I could barely string together sentences as my few years of high school French are basically long forgotten yet it came back just a little as I looked up various words. Thankfully her English was far superior to my French. I think this exchange stirred up some French memories and I’m thinking perhaps it is time for another trip to Paris, n’est-ce pas? Especially at this time of the year, on the verge of Spring when I’m so anxious for flowers and garden-y things…what I wouldn’t give to be standing in the gloriousness of Monet’s garden in Giverny. Sweet memories…I’ll have to get my photos back from my parent’s house…mum and I had been working on a joint journal/scrapbook of our last trip there together…after my graduation from college in the summer of 2001…we really need to finish this, oui?

And finally, a little tag I made today to add a little handmade-ness to a baby gift...I used my exacto knife (and a protractor first) to cut out a tiny circle to frame a cute little baby graphic I had...glued onto the backside and added a rub-on and some dainty flowers to embellish...et voila! (See?...I do remember a wee bit of French!)

Off to bake some bread now. Ever since I made homemade bread for the first time, I honestly don't think I've bought a single loaf of sandwich bread...bakery baguettes and ciabatta bread, yes...but no more Brownberry. I’ve found this to be so much more economical and far more tasty!
Have a happy first weekend of Spring!

~Au Revoir~

1 comment:

MUM said...

Bon soir, ma fille! How fun to see your seeds sprouting! It is indeed a miracle. I love the petite card for the baby,so so sweet!