Hello, Spring?

Are you there?

I was hoping you would be here by now. But I know that’s unrealistic…especially here in this corner of the world in March.

It's been raining all day long (and all of last night too), just at the right temp of 32 degrees so the rain is slowly dripping off railings and rooflines, freezing into tiny, spiky icicles and cloaking all the trees and their branches in an icy armor. Some of which are succumbing to the newly added weight and breaking off altogether.

It was a good weekend though all in all, despite the lack of sunshine...I acquired this vintage flower frog while out and about yesterday. I quickly set it on the windowsill to prop up a sweet card that recently came in the mail. It’s funny how such a little, spiky piece of old metal can bring a bit of cheer to me on this awfully gloomy day. Now I have to go out into this icy world. Wish me luck!
...
P.S. A bit of sketching this weekend also produced some new paper mache sculpture ideas...coming next, if all goes well!
5 comments:
That is a very pretty decoration on your deck railing!!!!! The little "frog" is neat and very versatile!
Thanks Mum! Yes, it is versatile! I think it would look neat with an old photo in it or just to hold a recipe card. Not to mention using it to hold actual flowers at some point too. ;)
Why is it called a frog? Am I missing something?
I don't know why they're called that either actually...?
Wow! Those snow images are so powerful. I can smell the trees from here.
Post a Comment