...fresh basil pesto...Saturday smoothies...and later in the summer, if all goes (grows) well...plums!
I made the first batch of pesto this weekend with basil from the garden and it was wonderful smeared across warm, crusty ciabatta slices. And I thought, this is what summer tastes like to me. What does summer taste like to you? Then, I often make smoothies but they taste even better now with a little bit of my fresh strawberry jam for some sweetness. Little Bub loooves smoothies too so its a great way to get him to eat yogurt and bananas and whatever else I put in them. And finally, Hub discovered plums growing on our plum tree that we planted a few years ago. We're so excited! :)
1 comment:
Summer tastes like wild black raspberries, free for the picking, and big juicy red raspberries picked in my own backyard! Home grown tomatoes aren't bad either! But, your photos are very tempting, too!
Post a Comment